Hi Andras, *,

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Andras Timar <tima...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011.04.04. 22:28 keltezéssel, Christian Lohmaier írta:
>
>> * If you experience any "slowness" on other operations than requesting
>> zips: Report them.
>
> Many thanks for your insightful explanations. I find the new server more
> responsive than the old one. However, some operations are still slow.
> When I add a new language to a project (e.g. LibreOffice 3.4.x UI) and
> click Overview tab of that new language, I have to wait ~2-3 minutes.

You don't write when exactly you did it, but from munin stats I see
there is high CPU utilization between around the time you wrote that
post (i.e. between 9 and 10). But that high utilization is again only
on one single core, i.e. 100% out of 400% are used only.
This is pootles's processing that is slow here (CPU-bound, thus
nothing fixable unless you rewrite pootle to use multithreaded
approach).

> Then I upload translations to that language and I have to wait another
> ~5 minutes. This is not a convenient way to upload 100 languages. Can it
> be done in a batch process from the shell?

Oh, large-scale updates surely should be possible using the shell, but
I don't know really know pootle, thus I cannot tell for sure (but I
guess Rimas is doing just that right now...)

ciao
Christian