2012/8/6 Sophie Gautier <gautier.sop...@gmail.com>

> Hi Chris,
> On 06/08/2012 19:04, Chris Leonard wrote:
>
>> Dear Sophie,
>>

> First thanks a lot for your feedback and sharing your experience here,
> it's much appreciated
>

>> Sadly, the L10n community is a very poor place to recruit QA testing.
>> Why?  Because just as the new features are rolling in that need
>> testing (on a tight release schedule), the new strings are rolling in
>> that need L10n.  There are only so many hours available between
>> feature freeze/string freeze and release.
>>

> Yes, I agree, but l10n people may be in contact with other actors or users
> in their own language, this is why I asked here.
>

>> That is not to say that all community members do not bear some
>> responsibility for quality, just that the localizer's busiest period
>> exactly coincides with the critical testing period towards the end of
>> a release cycle.
>>

> Yes, it's true, however we have nightly builds that are available before
> localization cycle. I'm well aware that l10n people usually don't deal only
> with our project so I understand it's not easy at all.
>

>> The bug in question (spell-checking) is not even directly a L10n
>> related bug, but it *is* an issue that is very near and dear to the
>> hearts of localizers, especially those engaged in localizing word
>> processing tools.  Many have spent countless hours, above and beyond
>> UI L10n, developing word lists and working to enhance their native
>> language spell-checking capabilities and as noted, many are
>> more-or-less "teams" of one.  This may account for some of the passion
>> evoked.
>>

> and I really understand it, being a localizer in more than one project too.
>

>> Automation of testing is an excellent idea, collaborators/allies in
>> that area may often found among those people who have a focus on
>> accessibility (a11y), the reason for this is that the alternate
>> input/output mechanisms introduced for the purpose of a11y are exactly
>> the sorts of hooks that robotic scripts need to do automated testing.
>> Personally, I've always viewed a11y as another form of i18n/L10n, but
>> there is often a small group in any project that is most passionate
>> about a11y issues and they are very valuable contributors indeed.
>>

> This is very interesting, I'm used to test the FR version using Orca, but
> I didn't viewed it that way.

Hi All,

while I agree with Martin considering the spell check bug a showstopper,
please Sophie, could you post again a mail regarding the procedure for QA
with Orca? It could be interesting to have a regular reminder of it, so
that Leaders could forward it to users/collaborators and maybe have more
people for testing.

Ciao
--
Valter