On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 6:51 AM, Valter Mura <valterm...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Automation of testing is an excellent idea, collaborators/allies in
>>> that area may often found among those people who have a focus on
>>> accessibility (a11y), the reason for this is that the alternate
>>> input/output mechanisms introduced for the purpose of a11y are exactly
>>> the sorts of hooks that robotic scripts need to do automated testing.
>>> Personally, I've always viewed a11y as another form of i18n/L10n, but
>>> there is often a small group in any project that is most passionate
>>> about a11y issues and they are very valuable contributors indeed.
>>>

>> This is very interesting, I'm used to test the FR version using Orca, but
>> I didn't viewed it that way.
>
> while I agree with Martin considering the spell check bug a showstopper,
>  Sophie, could you post again a mail regarding the procedure for QA
> with Orca? It could be interesting to have a regular reminder of it, so
> that Leaders could forward it to users/collaborators and maybe have more
> people for testing.

Valter,

I think Sophie and I were talking about two different things.  Sophie
was talking about confirming that Orca worked as a screenreader in
LibreOffice builds.  I was talking about the use of a11y tools (often
Orca) as  tool for performing repeated automated testing of nearly any
software package.

I am not an expert in this area, but you can find more information at
sites like this:

https://live.gnome.org/Orca/RegressionTesting

http://www.slideshare.net/mariobehling/ray-wang-gnome-accessibility-and-automation-testing

cjl