This happened for me in Czech language on a few files too (for example
in Askbot djangojs.po). I fixed this by downloading the files an
translating them offline, then uploading back.
Speaking about Askbot, the PO files contain some suspicious strings
that don't look correct (for example use-these-chars-in-tags) and
don't correspond to the strings in the source files on Askbot git. And
I remember seeing a cutoff multiline string, where only the first line
was in the PO file. That might bee worth a look too.