Hi Donald, *,

On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 9:13 PM, Donald <donr2...@clear.net.nz> wrote:
> On 12/01/16 03:15, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>> On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 8:51 PM, Donald <donr2...@clear.net.nz> wrote:
>>> Context: 04020100.xhp hd_id3157557 37 help.text
>>> Locations: 04020100.xhp
>>> ID: VAZtE
>>
>> It would always help to provide the direct link to the unit in pootle.
>>
>> right-click on the "Unit #1234567" link and paste the link here.
>
> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/eo/libo50_help/translate/swriter/01.po#unit=94679091

>> you'd introduce a closing tag without opening one.
>
> Sorry. I didn't notice that. Usually the ahelp tag has a closing tag.

Yes, while the above is true (<sometag /> already is considered
closed), the specification also states that the empty form "should"
only be used for explicitly marked empty elements, those that never
have content (like <br/>)

"Empty-element tags may be used for any element which has no content,
whether or not it is declared using the keyword EMPTY. For
interoperability, the empty-element tag should be used, and should
only be used, for elements which are declared EMPTY."

in other words pootle can be considered right since <ahelp .. />
should be avoided for interoperability.

Now the "fun" part: that string should have been fixed long time ago with commit

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/help/commit/?h=libreoffice-5-0&id=d7cbd22f6da101618b489b42e6990d74fd820423

however that fix is wrong in that it should have put the closing tag
after the link.

The translation process optimizes the empty tag to the
self-closing/empty form, so the templates and po files end up with the
"should not use" form..

/me 'll fix that/look for other occurances and update the templates later today.

Thanks for reporting.

ciao
Christian