I've started to look into the Help in Hebrew, and I need help to make
massive Find & Replace in the Hebrew Help translation. Is it possible to
download it, make a batch/bash script and upload it again? Are there any
consequences (e.g. strings will be converted to suggestions, after
uploaded?)

The last post about it in L10N was from 2013, and wasn't answered.
The Pootle mailing list says it IS POSSIBLE, by downloading the PO files,
changing, and merging them back into SVN (see
https://www.mail-archive.com/translate-pootle@lists.sourceforge.net/msg02282.html
)

As for the Hebrew Help problem, in more detail:
It seems many of the strings are left as-is, in English, but an even worse
problem is that many strings are messed up. Ariel reported that EMPH and
BOOKMARK tags show with error, In Pootle too.

I've found there are 999+ strings with broken BOOKMARK_VALUE tags:
https://translate.apache.org/he/aoo40help/translate/helpcontent2/source/#search=bookmark_value&sfields=source,target
and over 999+ strings with escaped EMPH tags:
https://translate.apache.org/he/aoo40help/translate/helpcontent2/source/#search=%5C%5C%3Cemph%5C%5C%3E&sfields=target

Thanks for any help,
Tal