On 24/08/2016 Don Lewis wrote:
   * Updated bundled serf to fix a CVE and a WebDAV issue.  The FreeBSD
     port has been using the system version of the latest and greatest.

We've been discussing this separately. This will make the build system even more complex, but it does have advantages and brings to completion work started with 4.1.2.

   * Handle the Wiki Publisher and PDF Import extensions as integrated
     extensions:
     <https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Setup_-_Bundled_Extensions>
     I've done some work on this in the FreeBSD port, but I haven't
     tackled the installer part for other platforms.

Can you elaborate on this? For example the fact that they shouldn't ping for updates looks problematic (not so bad, but it will require a reasonable release pace). And actually the document suggests that bundled dictionaries are handled as integrated extensions, which is not the case at the moment - and this allows users to get, for example, a fresh English dictionary when they wish.

Someone should fix the broken spellcheck problem.  It generates a lot of
complaints from our users.

We've investigated it a length; it is uncommon (it seems common due to the huge number of users) and like Rory and Dennis wrote this is better fixed with an after-the-fact fix: a tool (which ideally would become a menu item or a first start option) that allows to start with a clean profile.

Regards,
  Andrea.