On 08/10/2021 Marcus wrote:
Currently the following webpages have a different look & feel than all others: ...
https://www.openoffice.org/it/
I want to align them to the general design that can be seen here:

On the medium term (say, by end of year) I should be able to take care of Italian. It doesn't make sense to keep content from the current site,

thanks, that would be great.

as the non-standard parts (such as company listings, or books) are totally outdated now.

However, until we have the new stuff I would keep it as it is for now. Otherwise we would have standard webpages (from "xx") in English.

Assuming I can do all this myself (and that I remember the process that, if I recall correctly, starts with the "XX" site templates), I see basically two options:

1. Create /it-new and host the site there until it's done; this allows easy peer review.

You can create an index2.html file and disable it in the robots.txt file to keep the search bots away. Then you can add your translations step by step. It would be online but nobody knows.

2. Use a new branch on my Github fork (and locally); this makes peer review possible but more complex, as the reviewer must rebuild the site.

When nobody can reach it (because it's only local for you) it doesn't make sense for me.

Is there a preference between the two options?

I would say #1 when you create the new stuff in parallel.

Again, thanks for taking care.

Marcus