Arya wrote:

There is no NAT between the VPN server and the VPN client.

Then you need to remove the rightsubnetwithin line. (Perhaps this is ruining your routing?).

With regard to 'rightsubnetwithin=0.0.0.0/0' being insecure, we want the entire world to be able to access the VPN server.

You misunderstand this parameter. right=%any already does this for you.

password to a radius. If we use rightsubnet=vhost:%no,%priv instead, would the box be open to the world?

rightsubnet=vhost:%no,%priv is only needed when (some of the) clients are NATed.

Current kernel 2.4.22 (distro is slackware 9.1)

Never tested with Slackware myself, so YMMV.

Thanks a lot for your help (and well done on the freeswan/l2tpd documentation. I wouldn't be this far without it :))

No problem!

Jacco
--
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]