On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 08:15:38PM +1000, Arya wrote:
> It's not select() that's the problem.

yes that i was sure already :)

>It's the default routing table :)
> ipsec will add a route for the netmask of eth0 to be 'redirected' to the ipsec
> interface, but it wont add any other routes. Thus, if the packet isn't from
> the same subnet, it gets routed through the usual default gateway, which is
> likely external to the box.
>
> It might just be a slackware thing. Either way, it works like a charm now :)
> (albeit, now i've configured it in reverse, so clients on the same subnet
> CANNOT connect to the VPN, but clients external to the subnet CAN *chuckle*).

the problem is that you use KLIPS (the freeswan kernel side) which
is kind of strange. you should update to openswan with the linux native
ipsec stack which is really better.

> Arya
>
> On Friday 02 July 2004 19:57, Jean-Francois Dive wrote:
> > select is the way 99% of the daemon are built on. Not saying there
> > is a bug and by the way, if you have a way to reprduce it, i'll be
> > happy to fix it.
> >
> > On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 11:24:24AM +0200, Yannick Lecaillez wrote:
> > > Le ven 02/07/2004 ? 11:21, Jacco de Leeuw a ?crit :

> > > Don't think it's a l2tpd bug (everybody use select() :). Perhaps its no
> > > bug at all but i think there is one somewhere. I had really strange
> > > behaviour ... Everything was configured to work but it don't ...
> > > At this time i read a post of a guy which have strictly the same problem
> > > than mine ... Really strange :-/

-> Jean-Francois Dive
--> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability.
    -- Oscar Wilde