Farid Hajji a écrit :
On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 7:52 PM, BERTRAND Joel
<joel.bertr...@systella.fr>  wrote:
        Hello,

        I'm trying to understand how L4 manages system memory. I have read a
lot of docs, but I'm not sure that I have understood very well.

        On my system, I have installed L4, default sigma0 and a hand made
roottask. Roottask must use sigma0 to map virtual addresses to real ones. If
I want to use virtual memory, I have to write a new memory manager. Right ?

Yes, you need your own VM manager.

I've tried to use NetBSD's VM subsystem in a L4Ka-based setup,
but quickly stumbled across the lack of mutexes (esp. of the NetBSD
or Solaris-like flavor, i.e. the adaptive mutexes).

I have to write a mutex/semaphore/spinlock server. Is your work available ? Maybe can I improve it.

        Regards,

        JKB