Farid Hajji a écrit :
On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 3:08 PM, BERTRAND Joel
<joel.bertr...@systella.fr>  wrote:
I've tried to use NetBSD's VM subsystem in a L4Ka-based setup,
but quickly stumbled across the lack of mutexes (esp. of the NetBSD
or Solaris-like flavor, i.e. the adaptive mutexes).

        I have to write a mutex/semaphore/spinlock server. Is your work
available ? Maybe can I improve it.

Hi Joel,

for now, all I have are some (working) code fragments for root tasks,
because I'm basically still trying to get a better feeling for the various
parts of the L4 API:

http://hg.cordix.org/cordix/file/tip/usr/src/tasks

Under mutex/, there's a rudimentary IPC-based mutex rootserver demo,
but of course, that's not the right way to implement low-latency mutexes,
it's just a little experiment, to get started.

        OK, I will check as soon as possible.

I didn't import the UVM code yet, because I wanted to solve the adaptive
mutex problem first.

The long term goal would be a multi-server BSD-based OS personality
running on top of L4 (any help is welcome) ;-)

My goal is to develop an OpenVMS clone on top of L4. I have written some initialization routines. Boot sequence is almost complete but I need to write a VM server to launch tasks. Your help is welcome too ;-)

        If you want, we can write and debug this VM together.

        Regards,

        JKB