Go & See

Ian Ruskin Starring In

Harry Bridges: From Wharf Rats To Lords Of The Docks &

To Begin The World Over Again: The Life Of Thomas Paine

At The Electric Lodge in Venice - June 20th - 30th

With Ian Ruskin as
Harry Bridges          &        Thomas Paine
 Harry pic
<http://img-ak.verticalresponse.com/media/4/1/6/4164670349/ae25f8f163/Harry%
20pic.jpg?__nocache__=1>  ian2
<http://img-ak.verticalresponse.com/media/4/1/6/4164670349/ae25f8f163/ian2.j
pg?__nocache__=1>  AtDesk 3
<http://img-ak.verticalresponse.com/media/4/1/6/4164670349/ae25f8f163/AtDesk
%203.jpg?__nocache__=1>
 <http://www.brownpapertickets.com/profile/63869>
www.brownpapertickets.com/profile/63869 * 1-800-838-3006 * www.Plays411.com
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?TheHarryBridgesProje/b012edc894/TEST/c4711a68ca>

June at The Electric Lodge - 1416 Electric Avenue, Venice

Thursday 20

Friday 21

Saturday 22

Sunday 23

8:00 PM
OPENING NIGHT
HARRY BRIDGES

8:00 PM
OPENING NIGHT
THOMAS PAINE

8:00 PM
THOMAS PAINE

7:00 PM
THOMAS PAINE
Pay What You Can

Thursday 27

Friday 28

Saturday 29

Sunday 30

8:00 PM
HARRY BRIDGES

8:00 PM
THOMAS PAINE

8:00 PM
THOMAS PAINE

3:00 PM
THOMAS PAINE

To Begin The World Over Again: The Life Of Thomas Paine
"Spectacular!" - Harvard Law School

"Writer-performer Ian Ruskin's solo shows.[are] undeniably apropos for the
corporatist-beleaguered present.Ruskin moves around the bare-bones setting
with loping ease.[his] versatility, innate affability and easy delivery
lands directly between middle-period Geoffrey Rush and the late Roger
Livesey.holding focus.maintaining - David C. Nichols, LA Times

"Ruskin's Paine provides more than a mere history lesson; it's a sort of
performance art. Not only do we learn of a largely untold slice of American
history, we also get to see an actor in top form. So nuanced and layered is
Ruskin's performance, and so enlightening is his script, it's as if Paine
has been brought back to life just to speak to us." - Ben Miles Showmag.com
<http://showmag.com/>

"The bioplay, expertly acted by Ruskin, as July 4th approaches The Life of
Thomas Paine is the perfect play to see. It reminds us that revolution is as
American as apple pie."
   - Ed Rampell LA Progressive

"Ruskin brings the British-born Paine alive, faults and all, making him a
fascinating character, one we should know all the more by reading his
oeuvre.

With some humor and intriguing personal history, we get to meet the man
himself..." - Dale Reynolds, Stage Happenings
 ***** Audience Response - www.goldstar.com/events/70004/reviews

>From Wharf Rats To Lords Of The Docks
"Ian Ruskin captures Harry Bridges brilliantly." - Howard Zinn, Historian &
Social Activist

"Ruskin's script is wonderfully didactic and his presence is compelling. Not
only do we see this master stage craftsman in a sterling performance, we
also are

informed of an important and rarely broached part of America's sordid labor
history..From Wharf Rats to Lord of the Docks is a must-see show." - Ben
Miles Showmag.com <http://showmag.com/>

"A gentle reminder of who this man was and how valuable he was to the global
growth of protections for longshoremen, warehousemen

and merchant-marine sailors..illuminating people who helped build a strong
middle-class in America." - Dale Reynolds, Stage Happenings
 ***** Audience Response - www.goldstar.com/events/70024/reviews

BIO: Ian Ruskin trained at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. He has
performed From Wharf Rats to Lords of the Docks about Harry Bridges over 200
times. The film version directed by Haskell Wexler, has aired on PBS for the
past 4 years. Ian wrote To Begin the World Over Again: the Life of Thomas
Paine with a COLA Fellowship and has performed it for the past 2 years
nationwide, then after this run on to London to perform July 5th for the
RADA Summer Festival!

Dear Friends,

If you saw the plays at the Lillian, thank you! And please pass this email
on to the world.

If you have tickets for the Electric Lodge, thank you! And please pass this
email on to the world.

And if not, BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW!

Plus, we have two new discount codes on BrownPaperTickets - tell your
friends -

"Friend" will give half price tickets for the Opening Nights ($25 instead of
$50 and you get a reception following the play)

"union" gives a $5 discount to any $20 ticket.

Let's fill the theatre!

And FYI here are two links to my recent KPFK interview (I follow John
Nichols at about 33:30) and my Huffington Post blog.

Best

Ian Ruskin:

ianrus...@theharrybridgesproject.org

www.archive.kpfk.org/mp3/kpfk_130603_070004ctd.MP3