Sent from Ross Altman: greygoosemu...@aol.com

Harmony For Humanity Concert

It's Time To Start Singing Again

Thursday October 10th - 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM
At The Santa Monica Synagogue
1448 18th Street, Santa Monica  90404
(310) 453-4276

Hosted by Ross Altman

FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

Program:
Rabbi Jeff Marx Welcoming Remarks
Poem by Judea Pearl--read by Ross Altman
It's Time to Start Singing Again: A Folk Music Concert
Featuring Guest Artists:

Mika'ele McClellan
Carol McArthur
Paul Zollo
Martha Stevens--Storyteller
Neil Harburg
April Halprin Wayland
Bob McAllen
Jill Fenimore
Alex Alejandro Soschin
Tom Graham
At Home In the World by Daniel Pearl--Read by Ross Altman

               CONCERT DEDICATION
On what would have been Daniel Pearl's 50th birthday
(October 10, 1963) we celebrate Harmony for Humanity,
an evening of music from many walks of life and national origins,
from America to Egypt. In keeping with the mandate of
Daniel Pearl World Music Days we feature an evening of music
that highlights efforts to build bridges across divisions of
misunderstanding,
to create links on the chain of our common humanity, and to forge
a peaceful world.

The tragedy of Daniel Pearl's murder in Pakistan
on February 1, 2002 carries that challenge into the 21st Century and makes
even more vivid the human spirit that must prevail if we are to avoid the
ultimate
catastrophe of obliterating what Pearl eloquently described as My Favorite
Planet, an album adapted from his stories for the Wall Street Journal that
carried him into the heart of darkness. As a light bringer he remains a
steadfast symbol of hope and courage in the face of evil. Daniel Pearl was a

musician as well as a journalist and his violin--like his pen--will be
remembered
as mightier than the sword, for they have outlasted his shortened life.

Join us for an evening of music, poetry and storytelling that welcomes a
diverse audience of artists, veteran peace activists and organizers for
social
change to come together for an evening devoted to the ideal for which
Daniel Pearl gave his life--Harmony for Humanity.

(c) 2013 Grey Goose Music

Happy Birthday, John Lennon