As treasurer of the KPFK local station board, I want to urge everyone to donate
to the station during this current on-air fund drive. Listeners have been
calling and pledging steadily, and donations are running upwards of $50,000 a
day, a good jump from previous averages. If we can keep that up, or even
increase it, the station could start to cut back down on days spent mostly
"pitching" and provide more urgently needed coverage of the impact of war,
economic austerity and exploitation, and the environmental crisis, and of how
communities are resisting them.

One especially valuable way to contribute would be to sign up for "continuing
support" -- a monthly Electronic Funds Transfer from your bank account or
credit card that will continue indefinitely and help the station smooth out its
cash flow. Contributing that way also lets KPFK keep more of the money for
local uses, and helps eliminate the need for costly thank you premiums. You
can pledge by calling the phone room at 818-985-5735 (KPFK), or on line at
www.kpfk.org--Michael Novick