Breeders who are paying $28,000 for a breeding quality dog are not
likely to breed the value out of their line by breeding it to a pound
puppy.

Buyers are savvy and will require pedigrees to prove parentage, of
course a person could make a pedigree with any name on it and say it
was an AU LD but, when the buyer goes to register their dog it will
be verified that the pedigree is valid.

Many buyers require to see both the dam & sire as well.

Any breeder getting their breeding dogs at the pound is a bad breeder
regardless of the breed.

--- In labradoodles@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I was just at Petsmart with two of my puppies.   I  ran into the
head trainer
> there and she was just shocked at the behavior of my  puppies.
They were
> mellow and attentive.    She  said that she has had a few in her
classes but
> none that have ever  graduated.    She has had two that stressed
out so bad at
> being  there they were throwing up and the other two were actually
Rutland
> Manor  offspring.     Of course I will go to class there just to
show her how
> wrong she is.  I am a trainer as well but it is worth  enrolling
for $99 to get
> her to change her mind about doodles since she speaks  to so many
people in the
> community about dogs.
>
> Anyway, my question for you Austrailian Labradoodle breeders  is,
once
> purchasing a dog to use for breeding does RM or TP keep track of
who is  breeding to
> whom to keep the lines clean or could someone purchase one and
then  breed it
> with anything they wanted and still get to keep the AU title  ?
A $3000
> investment for a female and a trip to the pound for  the male is a
pretty cheap
> way to go into the puppy mill business to sell $2000  dogs !
>
> Do you understand what I mean?  After a purchase do they  keep any
records on
> the puppies?
>
> Just curious
> Kathie