Ask the breeder to rub the mom with a fuzzy toy or
stuffed animal to help ease the transition for the
puppy.  No matter what, always let the dog know who is
in charge by being the pack leader.  Lots of affection
but most important and a mistake lots of people make
is not to exercise their dog on a daily basis.  That
makes a huge difference in the dog's behavior.
Definitely get lots of chew toys!  Oh, and also, if
you are getting a curly haired dog (my F1B is very
curly haired - see Shaggy's pictures) make sure you
brush them every day so they don't get matts.  Good
luck and it sounds like you will be a great dog-mom.

--- buttafamily5 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Our new multi-gen pup will not arrive in our home
> until the end of
> November - but he is already in our hearts! While we
> impatiently wait,
> I thought I would ask the forum for tips --
> something - big or little
> --that worked for you for the first week or so home
> -- and/or
> something you wish you had known, or something you
> wish you had
> purchased for the first few days/weeks?
> Thanks!
> Donna and family and Dempsey