I'm so sorry to hear about Rex. What a horable thing to have to go
through for Rex, you and your husband. I've known 3 tripods and have
been told that loosing a front leg is the best if it has to happen.
One I knew was a Great Dane that had her front leg amputated because
of cancer. She could run up and down steep hills and jump with the
best of them. I'm sure Rex will have a very happy life on three legs.

Ken

--- In labradoodles@yahoogroups.com, "Lori"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My furbaby, Rex, had an accident with the riding lawn mower.  My
> husband also learned a valuable lesson (put the dog on a tie out
when
> mowing).
>
> He lost his right front paw in the accident and as a result the
vet
> was forced to amputate the entire limb.  My baby came home today.
He
> has already learned to walk on 3 legs though bathroom duty is a
> challenge (he fell over the first time he tried).
>
> I am sad but so happy that he is still with us .... it cound have
been
> worse.  He is wearing a t-shirt to protect the incision and looks
> sorta cute in it... I will probably keep dressing him until his
fur
> has regrown.
>
> I have never had such an attachment to a dog and this has been as
bad
> as if it were one of my children.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: