From: Abigail Morrison
Sent: Nov 4, 2006 4:59 PM
To: labradoodles@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [labradoodles] Labradoodle Puppy Adoptions Closed;

WOW, lucky you guys! Count your blessings. We have had a few labradoodles in our rescue for 8 months. They are a little older and need work. I wish we were a little closer to you guys to get some overflow. Alas we are in Lansing, MI
www.apbpets.com
       Abbie

milly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]net.au> wrote:
Labradoodle Puppy Adoptions Closed; Adults Closing Soon
Please Do NOT Call OHS About These Dogs
November 2, 2006
The Oregon Humane Society is no longer accepting applications to adopt the Goldendoodle and Labradoodle puppies received yesterday. Even before the shelter opened its doors today, a line of people stretched outside to adopt the animals relinquished to OHS from a breeder in the St. Helens area..
While the puppies have a long waiting list of adoptors, OHS will still be accepting applications for the adult Goldendoodle and Labradoodle dogs though Saturday morning, or until so many applications are received that there would be little or no chance of a person being able to adopt an animal.
"There are almost 100 other adorable and adoptable dogs at the shelter, said Sharon Harmon, OHS executive director. "We urge everyone to come to the shelter, feel the love, and take home your new best friend--even if it is not a 'doodle' dog."
If you are interested in adopting an adult Goldendoodle or Labradoodle, you must visit the shelter in person. DO NOT PHONE THE SHELTER, as callers are now experiencing long delays. If you come to the shelter, be aware that all dogs may not be available for viewing because they are being spayed or neutered.
Below is the text of the Nov. 2 OHS news release announcing the arrival of the dogs.
Nov. 2: An overwhelmed dog breeder in the St. Helens area today surrendered a total of 40 puppies and adult dogs--including almost three dozen Goldendoodles and Labradoodles--to the Oregon Humane Society.

Faced with the onslaught of cold, rainy weather and the prospect of housing the dogs through the winter in a building with no heat or running water, the breeder turned to OHS for help in finding permanent adopted homes for the animals.

All 25 puppies and 15 adult dogs, including a mother with seven three-day-old pups, received medical attention at OHS when they arrived in driving rain this afternoon. Most of the animals had soil- and fecal-encrusted coats, but otherwise appeared to be in good condition. Each animal will be bathed and groomed and spayed and neutered before being placed for adoption.
Several of animals had been spayed or neutered, and these dogs are available for adoption Friday, Nov. 3. The remaining dogs will be spayed or neutered over the next 48 hours. About half of the group should be ready for adoption on Saturday, Nov. 4, with the remaining half ready for adoption on Sunday, Nov. 5. The public can see dogs on the OHS Website; dogs not undergoing medical procedures can be seen in person at the OHS shelter beginning Friday, Nov. 3.
The majority of the animals--and all the puppies--are Goldendoodles or Labradoodles, which represent a cross between a Labrador Retriever and a Poodle, or a Golden Retriever and a Poodle. The other dogs include two long-haired Daschunds, two Toy Poodles, one Chihuahua and one Border Collie mix.
TwoDogs   Puppies
Jamie Leinbach carries a dog off the OHS van and into the shelter.   Three-day-old pups.
PuppiesMoving   Bath
Frolicking puppies--a small sample of the 18 older pups.

  Disa Christian gives a needed bath to a new arrival.

Abigail S. Morrison

 Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. ~Thomas Jefferson~

Abigail S. Morrison

 Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. ~Thomas Jefferson~

Access over 1 million songs - Yahoo! Music Unlimited Try it today. __._,_.___

Labradoodle Dog breed gift Labradoodle dog
Labradoodle dog breed Mixed breed dogs