Hi Aurelia and all,  I have been looking in de Dillmont!  I used to
forget about the books I already have, especially those like de
Dillmont that I bought before getting into lace, but now I check
my library first.  Another good one is Mrs. Treadwin's "Antique
Point and Honiton Lace", a book published in 1874 and (my
copy) reprinted by Lacet Publications in 1994
ISBN 1-874688-05-2.  I also will look in "Encyclopedia of
Victorian Needlework" by S.F.A. Caufield in two volumes.  My
copy is a Dover reprint from 1972, ISBN 0-486-22800-2  That
book has some stitches but they're listed separately so it will
take some looking to see if there are any new ones.

I started with some original magazines I have c. 1900 when
Battenberg/tape lace was most popular in the US.  And after
you wrote Aurelia, I thought of looking in some embroidery
stitch books that I have - more stitches for Needle lace!

Thanks!  Jane in Vermont, USA where the warm rain will
help bring out the green grass and tiny leaves <G>.