Weronika
I've used amethyst nuggets in a lace I made.  I wanted the beads to lie in
the position where double thread picots would be on the outside edge of a
tape.  So I calculated which pairs might take turns as weavers, since those
are the ones that would make picots.  And I just strung beads onto all those
potential weavers as I wound the bobbins.  When a necessary weaver bobbin
ran out of beads, I just figured out a way to make a deliberate but
non-obvious mistake to switch the beadless bobbin with one that still had a
lot of beads left.  In most laces it is possible to calculate which pairs
may serve as weavers.  In a tape lace this also includes passive pairs, the
2nd from the left and the 2nd from the right.  (If the tape uses turning
stitch, these two passives interchange with the weavers.)
Lorelei