Hi Weronika and all

If you can't get contact paper right away, put the pricking into a sheet
protector (student supply places should sell sheet protectors?). Trim away
excess and pin to pillow through the plastic/pricking paper layers. Sheet
protector plastic isn't as durable as contact paper, so you might only get
one use out of the pricking, but it will protect the thread from the ink.

Some lacemakers use clear adhesive packing tape (wide enough to go right
over a narrow pricking for a bookmark or edging), or even the 'magic tape'
(the one that doesn't show when photocopied) which is slightly matte
compared to the former and you do have to plaster it, but it works in a
pinch.

Personally I don't like pinning through adhesive and I just use a
photocopy of the pattern, over a piece of card, all pinned to the pillow.
Lately for getting a sample done quickly, I've even dispensed with the
card - easier to pin through because I don't pre-prick the patterns ;)

 --
bye for now
Bev in Sooke, BC (west coast of Canada)