As Brian knows, I have several 'lacemakers' lamps, I also disagreed with him
until I acquire an example that still had its wick holder in tact. I have
since found another, one wick holder is metal the other earthenware.
These so called 'lacemakers lamps' appear quite regularly on ebay and I've
downloaded pictures of most and can say that a reasonable percentage have
still got the holder for the wick.
I also think the estimates for the bobbins at auction are very high and
considering the state of the market at the moment I think they are over
optimistic. There are one or two I would like for my collection so I'm
hoping they are wrong ;-)
Diana