I have a question regarding doing fillings in honiton.  Where you have a piece
that is surrounded by a rib which faces in both directions how do you do the
sewings for the filling?  One side is okay because you have the regular pin
hole so that you can make a sewing into the side bars as well as the edge
threads, but where you have to do a sewing and the ribbed edge is to the
filling how do you make the sewings?  Do you sew around the rib or do you sew
over the rib and into the pin hole threads?  Hope that is clear enough to
understand where I am coming from.

I am still catching up on my digests after being away last weekend and having
connection problems but I did read about using hackle pliers for broken
threads.  What do you do if the thread breaks too close to the work to attach
anything to it, other than undoing your work.  Is it okay just to hang in
another bobbin when you are doing a rib and a passive thread breaks?
Janice

Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA