Wire gimp!  I wish I thought of that.  I'll have to try it on my next one.
What kind of wire did you use?
Starching was such a pain, and I live in a humid climate, I'm never sure how
"dry" things will stay.

Beth McCasland
New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Where it's clear and chilly today.  There were LOTS of ducks on the Mississippi
River this morning!

Alice in Oregon wrote:
<snip>
Otherwise, I've been making a variety of ornaments.
It's been a bit fun going through all my notebooks for
patterns that are different, and trying some of them.
I've also added soft wire as the headside gimp on some
of them.  The wire makes them firm enough that they
don't need starched.  The wire can also make a loop to
use for hanging