I think this might be called PMC, which stands for precious metal clay.  I
met someone in a metal weaving class who makes jewelry this way.
Kim

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Aurelia Loveman
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 4:50 PM
To: minimax42_micro
Cc: lace@arachne.com
Subject: Re: [lace] Bobbin Lace Jewelry in sterling silver??

Dear all --  My niece, who is a jeweler (polishedandputtogether.com)
tells me that there is a most exciting jewelry-making technique in
which gold or silver is broken down into minuscule bits and mixed
with a special clay, giving the mixture somewhat the texture and
flexibility of cord. This "cord" is then handled according to the
jeweler-artist's imagination (lacemakers would of course be thinking
about lace).When the piece is finished, it is fired; the clay
vanishes; and lo! you have gold lace.

Aurelia
Catonsville, MD