In answer to your question Janice, the Thatched building was taken from the web when we were looking for a traditional local building style to make up the card. I wanted something that would fit the area and the season and my DH was 'playing nicely' hence the sign which he added to the picture. I hadn't liked any of the cards I had already bought to work for Alices card and we were talking about what could be used instead. To my eyes, that one just said Christmas in the countryside in England. Alice is able to remove the picture and replace it with any picture/photo she wants to in the future. While researching our families we did find a number of family members running pubs during the last over a 100 years (and my cousin runs and is chef in a place in Wales rather than Dorset but I dont think his has a thatched roof). Bill is rather proud of his name and the tartan and crests that have gone along with it.

I think the standard of lace exchanges is always incredible and its brilliant to see everyone elses ideas , artistry and work. Sue T in dull and damp Dorset where we are just recovering from a weekend early christmas visit.
Now we need some Dorset sunshine to brighten up our day.

I was just looking through the Arachne card exchange again and I noticed that
the card from Sue Turnbull had a photo of a thatched building with a sign
saying "Turnbull Arms".

Sue, do you run a pub or is it just a sign you have on your house? It looks
very attractive in the snow.
Janice

Janice Blair

Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA

www.jblace.com

http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org