This reminds me of a student internship I once had. I was a dorm counselor
for blind, developmentally disabled young adults. One of my tasks was to
teach them to tie their shoes. What a challenge! No visual aids, obviously,
some of them did not have the concepts of left and right clear, and their
attention spans were limited. I didn't teach anyone to make a bow, but a few
did learn to do the "left over right, tuck under and pull".

Sr. Claire Edith