Jeri, the latest problems with sending post to the USA stem from someone sending a small amount of explosive in a toner ink cartridge from the UK to the USA - presumably as a test to see if it got through; which it didn't so that shows that checks are as they should be. In spite of the checks being proven to be stringent enough, letters are still being carried as normal, but USA Homeland Security will no longer allow posted packages to be carried on passenger flights to the USA. They now have to go on cargo only flights and are subject to additional checks by US customs.

This has been in operation since 18th November - see the Royal Mail web site. They estimate a week's delay to the normal 6-10 days airmail delivery time. Another of my packages was delivered yesterday, 5 weeks after sending, still leaving one in the wind. Of those delivered, the first was crushed on one side, Clay's had a small puncture, and the third looked as if it had been stamped on by an elephant. Fortunately my packing was good enough to protect the contents.

As for Posh bobbin bags, there are photos of my 48 bobbin bag on Arachne webshots in my album, which I put there last time we discussed them.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/394293545qaUZRh

I did mention to Janet that I was buying the bag to send to someone in the USA as she didn't seem to have a Paypal account or other way for overseas customers to pay. She said she did sell abroad, but payment has to be direct into her bank account in sterling. I heard rumours after the fair that she's unwell and will be stopping making them. Haven't heard any more, so don't now if it's true.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK