I am using a homemade block pillow at the moment which is about 24 inches
wide,
It is a D shape with moveable blocks down the middle.  I made it to go
in a
suitcase.  I have 22 pair of bobbins for a buckspoint pattern I
designed, which
is also called Alice, after my deceased MIL.  I probably have
about 3 inches
space on either side of my bobbins on the apron and it is very
comfortable, so I
imagine if it were 18 inches, it would still be okay.  I
like leashes of at
least 6 inches from the pins to the top of my midlands
bobbins. Don't have a
tape measure here so I used a dollar bill which is
about 6" wide.

Janice
 Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of
Chicago, Illinois, USA, but still in Chicago
in the Executive lounge.  For
some reason my computer got disconnected in the
bedroom, so I am using one
belonging to the hotel in Chicago.  Now to go and try
the free appetizers and
drinks before dinner. Can't be bad!!
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org