I googled Queen Elizabeth Northern Ireland images and there was a closeup of
the
hat lower down the page which was a bit clearer. To me it looked like a machine
made trim, probably hand sewn on.  I also noticed she had two hat pins of the
same color in the hat.

I would really like to know what most of her outfits are made of as they never
seem to crease.  I have been watching the PBS documentary of the Royals at Work
and she never ever has a crease from sitting down!
Janice

Bev wrote:

Queen Elizabeth's outfit for her visit to Northern Ireland has some sort of
lace on it. I can't tell from the photos. Here is one:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/06/26/article-2164920-13CBDF7B000005DC-131_306x423.jpg

The blurb mentions "She wore a Wedgewood blue outfit and hat by Angela
Kelly, which featured hand-embroidered white lace on the coat and dress."

Perhaps this is another instance of machine-made trim, hand-sewn in place -
but it looks very nice.
 Janice Blair
Crystal Lake, 50 miles northwest of Chicago, Illinois, USA
www.jblace.com
http://www.lacemakersofillinois.org