My lace life is very busy at the moment with several projects on the go at
the same time and here comes another one.
I have been making lace for a conceptual artist, and teaching her to make
lace as well, for several years now.
Neither of us make a lot of money at it but it is getting lace out there
into the main stream of the art world.

After I told her that lace has been made with fibre optic cable, she now has
an idea of doing a project with it.
The trouble is that I have never used it. Is there someone amongst you
clever spiders who can give me some information on the properties of fibre
optic cable and how it can be used for a bobbin lace project.
Are there different thicknesses and if so what is the easiest one to work
with?
I cannot imagine winding it onto bobbins, so how does one handle it while
working?
Does the pricking have to be a rather large scale?
Any information will be a great help to me. I am quite excited about trying
it out.

Janis Savage in sunny South Africa