The thought of ribbon making came to me last night in bed. Coventry was a centre of ribbon making in England and the silk used was, in the 1800's was 'farmed' in the Cotswolds and the occupations of women and girls that I've come across in doing our family research shows that many were involved in the silk industry - unwinding the thread from the cocoons.

Looking at the history of ribbon making shows that it goes back at least to the 11th century.

Malvary in Ottawa where winter jumped in yesterday with snow and today it is -12c with windchill of -23c.