Are you wondering what to ask Santa to bring you?  A few months ago I
accompanied a friend to a Scrabble club and most players carried their game
boards in cymbal bags.  That got me thinking that these zippered, padded,
round nylon cases could possibly be used for transporting lace, especially on
rainy days or in nearly-clean car trunks (car boots).

I did an online search and there were many to choose from, starting at 9.95
U.S. dollars.  Some have shoulder straps and pockets, or can be carried on the
back – perfect for hiking with your lace!   Here is one possible source in
the U.S.:
http://www.steveweissmusic.com/product/meinl-professional-frame-drum-bags/dru
m-hardware-bag  If the URL is too long, Google “Steveweissmusic.com, then go
to Accessories/Bags, Cases and Covers/Cymbal Bags.   I corresponded with
someone at this company and he said the cases are divided on the inside to
accommodate two cymbals; after all, one cymbal is not of much use, is it?  He
did not think it would be easy to remove the divider, but if the case was deep
enough than might not be necessary and possibly useful for carrying tools,
thread, extra bobbins, etc.  Obviously, such cases would be for round (cookie)
pillows, not block or roller pillows.

Regarding the link to the music supply company above, I assure you I know
nothing about the company; it was amongst the top of the Google search so I
went to it first.  I suggest that if anyone wants to look into this further
that they pay a visit to a local music supply store.  If ordering online, get
very precise measurements of the bag and be assured the bag would be
returnable if not suitable.

Hoping this may help someone,

Ruth Johnson
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
(Where my Yaspé silk scarf is now about 50 inches (124 cms) long.  I’ve
been side-tracked into making owls using the pattern shown in the latest OIDFA
Bulletin.)