I had a teacher when I was in business school who told us to always
write instructions as if the person we are writing them for has
absolutely no idea what we are talking about and to use the simplest
language possible.

Fortunately I had a lace teacher who understood this concept, she also
would demonstrate what she was saying by standing next to us -- not in
front of us -- so we would see what she meant from the correct angle.
 I learned a lot from her,