I’d be worried about using the pesticide. Don’t forget that when you’re back
making lace you'll have your face close to your pillow for hours at a time.

Does the temperature go below freezing where you live? Because you could just
put it in a plastic bag and stick it outside.

Adele
West Vancouver, BC (west coast of Canada)
PS: Lots of people in Canada have gigantic freezer capacity during the winter
months. It’s called a balcony.