Hi All

This is what Margot had to say:

The place to find out about current lacemaking in Canada is:
https://lacegazette.com

Lacemaking in Maritime Canada started in the 1600s, when that part of Canada
was a French colony.  We know for sure that the nuns taught Torchon lace at
Fortress Louisbourg, on Cape Breton Island.  (Geography lesson:  The Maritimes
are the provinces of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island in
Eastern Canada.  Cape Breton Island is part of NS and “next door” to PEI.)
Not much is known about lacemaking after those 3 provinces became British
colonies in the 1700s.  However, after visiting many museums, small and large,
in The Maritimes, I can say that I’ve seen lots of tatting and crocheted lace,
but no bobbin lace.  Lace on clothing from the late 1800s and early 1900s that
I’ve seen displayed has, without exception, been machine made lace. And
because this was, and is, the poor part of Canada, the machine lace has
usually been of poor quality.

There is a small group of lacemakers in PEI who might have some information.
They can be reached through the Canadian Lacemaker Gazette.

Hope it helps.