<We did have an Indian lacemaker, Sulachona, on Arachne some years ago. I
don't know if she is still around?
A few years back, Sulachona visited our lace group while touring the USA.
She had samples of the lace figures her ladies were making.  She was
designing and assembling a lace fan for a patron.  She had a group of ladies
employed to make the lace.  They made multiple copies of each little section
of the fan so the best one could be used.  We saw some of the (reject)
samples -- tiny vignettes of people, houses, elephants, etc.  They used silk
thread -- single strands, each on its own bobbin.  They would hand twist the
strands together as desired.  They could use different colors together, or
use just 2 strands, or 3 or 4 -- to get different effects.

I wonder what the fan looked like when finished.  The drawing of it was
intriguing.  Haven't heard anything about the fan or Sulachona since then.
Alice in Oregon -- where we had one day of almost dry yesterday.  I look
forward to spring and summer.