Hi All,

I have taken the view that if I am vaguely interested in something and the
opportunity comes up I buy it even if I am not quite ready to go in that
direction.

Guild Libraries are good to introduce new ideas, and I agree with the previous
lacemaker who said that when she finds something she really likes, she seeks
to acquire her own copy of the book.

Cannot remember exactly how long ago was the visit to a Bookstore in Glebe,
Sydney (we were early for a function) when I paid A$120 for five books.  One
was the first Read and Kincaid Milanese lace book and one Robyn Wild's, it was
35-40 years ago.  Have only recently started venturing into Milanese.

On the other side I have recently acquired a copy of their second book, via
Abe books, used to be in a London Library!

The other reason I buy books when I see them is I like to know about other
styles of Lace (that I will never do) to have a broader understanding of Lace
in general.

Mary Carey

Campbelltown, NSW, Australia