Almost everywhere, there is a way to shop from home using your  computer;
in this case -  _www.qvc.com_ (http://www.qvc.com)

Today, there is a very reasonably priced lace dress (cover up for a swim
suit?) by Isaac Mizrahi.  If you select A288082 to view, it is possible  to
see a video presentation even when the dress is not being  shown on your TV.

I cannot comment on the quality until I receive the black one  ordered.  Am
thinking that on my elderly "figure" it will be in  better taste to wear
lightweight black tights, and a pair of  black patent leather shoes in the
closet will finish off the  look.  When one goes to a special occasion in the
U.S., there is usually a  need for a cover up to ward off air conditioning
drafts, so I'll pair with a  lightweight jacket with sleeves to cover arm
"wings".

The challenge:  How long would it take for you (or even a  group) to
reproduce this dress - using bobbin lace  techniques?

I am thinking of those very complex lace designs in some of our  lace books!

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center