Finally had time to take a look. That is really pretty lace, and well done, too.

Lyn from Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA, where the weather has finally settled into seasonal. Warm, sunny. My antique roses smell heavenly.

Susan wrote:
Hello All! With much help from Arachne, I finally finished my first piece of Rauma lace--Kustaa Adolflai. It is posted to Flickr. Here's what I learned--there are many types of crossings & not all of them are in Practical Skills. Alex Stillwell came to my rescue so that issue was beautifully resolved. Next was running out of thread. Out of twenty-five pairs, I had to replace 4 pairs--ugh. Note to self--no matter how much thread you estimate, it always takes more! Thank you for your suggestions as to where to hide my new thread. I ended up using the plaits & I am very pleased with the results. While I wouldn't say I've conquered leaves, these are much better than my last effort & I'm looking forward to further improvement. The working direction of this lace was a big challenge for me & now that I see it off the pillow, the tension is incorrect in a number of areas. So--much remains to be learned! If anyone else is interested in learning Rauma lace, there are two ! nice sites that are worth a visit. www.raumalace.fi & nyplaajat.net. Raumalace has a short video that illustrates the three-pair edge & nyplaajat has a variety of pdfs of finished lace. FYI--Halti is the highest point in Finland & I felt like I climbed it on my way to Rauma! Sincerely, Susan Hottle USA