The first thing I would do is vacuum it using a attachment with a brush that
you can brush the velvet.  I would repeat this every few days, noting whether
the spots reappear.  I would also thoroughly vacuum the brush after each use!
Are you able to detect a musty odor?  In that case, you may want to spray a
cloth with mildew cleaner and place in a closed box with the pillow.  Be
careful not to let this cloth touch the pillow.  It took a while for the
problem to develop, so it may take a while to rehabilitate your pillow.  But
with some TLC, I think you can save it.

Let us know how it goes!

Clay
Clay Blackwell in Lynchburg, VA, USA