Hello Alex, Bev and everyone,

I have that book also and knew Jan Geelen. I don’t know, Bev, who told you he
wrote the book in a dialect, because it is written in correct Dutch. Jan
originally was a teacher in a basic school. He would not write a lace book in
the dialect of the region he lived in.
In my book there is a short list of Dutch lace words and their translations in
English, French and German. But of course despite that making a good
translation is difficult for you.
So a better a choice would be a book originally written in English.
Besides that, I think the book of Jan is a very good instruction how to make
Rosaline Perlé.

Happy lacing,

Gon Homburg from a sunny Amsterdam, The Netherlands