From: Maria Greil
Sent: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 4:13 PM
To: Alex Stillwell
Cc: Arachne questions
Subject: Re: [lace] Rosaline

Hello Alex,

I agree with Bev. There are other books writen in English which are as good as
Jan Geelen's. I myself in Europe try to buy bobbin lace books at Barbara Fay
Verlag when available. They do not charge post fees to Europe and I do not
know how it works all over the world, but I think it is worthwhile asking.
I have checked and they have the two books by Judith Cordell: Rosaline Perle
and Rosaline Perle 2 (
http://www.barbara-fay.com/index.php/en/component/virtuemart/bobbin-lace/rosa
lie-eng?Itemid=0 ).
I hope this information helps you.

Maria Greil
a German living in Spain

  Good afternoon Arachnids

  It,s now my turn to ask for help. One of my student wishes to learn
Rosaline.
  I have a sound knowledge of Honiton but need to understand the differences
  between it and Rosaline. We both have ‘Rosaline Perlee by J Geeln 1990’
  but cannot read it. Has anyone a translation of the instructions of the
first
  few patterns and the accompanying descriptions earlier in the book? I could
  make a guess as to how to make the patterns but Jan goes into a lot of
details
  and I might misinterpret some of them.

  Looking forward to hearing from you

  Alex