I have encountered a piece of Tonder lace dating from about 1800. I don’t
doubt that it is Tonder of this date because it was identified by an
expert. However, I have never seen a piece that looked like this. The
design is odd. I guess it is based on a flower basket design. Most Tonder
lace is very orderly in appearance, but this one is sort of disorderly
looking with stems that don’t connect and flowers that seem lop sided. Has
anyone ever seen anything comparable to this? What characteristics do you
think identify it as Tonder? I have not found any Copenhagen holes in it,
although that is by no means a requirement for something to be Tonder.
Thoughts?

I have posted photos on laceioli ning, the identification-history group.
http://laceioli.ning.com/group/identification-history

Devon