I agree with needlerun, but also the thought that went through my mind was
Limerick?, though I'm wondering about Nottingham (Leavers) as some of the net
sides have been stitched into (splitting the twists) rather than the careful
darning which would be done by hand. At that point, my Nottingham-born husband
walked in, took one look and flippantly said, "that looks Irish to me"! His
knowledge of lace goes as far as being the grandson of a lace runner (mending
the nets and darning ends in as they came off the machine is what I was told
that meant; Phil's maternal grandmother was a lovely lady who died in 1982, the
year after we got married) and, as a descendant of Bedfordshire lacemakers on
his father's side , being able to do cloth stitch, so take that remark as
lightly as it was made!

Jane Partridge