I would like to draw people's attention to the opportunities being
presented by virtual symposiums. I just signed up for The Inspired Needle:
Winterthur Needlework Conference. One of the speakers will be Tricia Wilson
Nguyen who will talk about Whitework Samplers of the 17th century which
feature cutwork techniques, presumably including reticella. The live events
will be Oct. 2 and 3, but the talks will be available for the entire month
of October.
I have also registered for the Textile Society of America's symposium, Oct.
15-17,  which will have an entire section of four talks on lace. One of the
speakers is Elena Kanagy-Loux who will discuss a lace sample book from a
Boston based lace charity.
It is startlingly cheaper to go to these events now that they are being
held on line. Also, the talks will be available for some time afterward.
So, while in real life, you have to choose what section to attend, in this
scenario you can attend all the talks if you want to.
A similar plan, also exciting to contemplate, is the Doily Free Zone
Symposium 2021 to be held in June. https://www.doilyfreezone.net/symposium
It is so great to be able to attend these without the hassle and expense of
travel, and to also be able to see all the activities over a period of
time. My cup runneth over.
Devon