On 30 Aug 2009, at 21:57, Sarven Capadisli wrote:

Which leads me to this imperfect idea when a user clicks to favorite a
notice item:

* add it to user's favorites
* automagically send a notice like "♻ @evan The quick brown fox" and
make it an in-reply-to the original

I don't like the idea of this being automatically sent in my name. Maybe clicking the "favourite" button could automatically pre-fill the "What's up?" form, but rely on me clicking "send" before it actually got sent? (But avoid over-writing any messages I'm half-way through composing!)

Also, is there something better than in-reply-to that we can do? A redent is not logically a reply - it's a forward. It would be great if replies and forwards could be distinguished in the database by more than a Unicode character as a convention. (See <http:// danbri.org/words/2009/06/16/415>.)

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:m...@tobyinkster.co.uk>