It might be useful, for accessibility[1] reasons, and for allowing third party tools to offer translations, it might be good if there were a way to indicate the language of a notice.

I'm not going to suggest a UI for this, as it would likely only be annoying for end users. However, here are some ideas:

* It could be added to the API to allow other tools that do have language information to pass it on.

* A convention could be established using hashtags to indicate languages. I've done a little experimentation and think that #.en, #.fr, #.pl, etc might be a good pattern to use. Of course, right now, the dots are canonicalised out.

____
1. http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-TECHS/#tech-identify-changes

--
Toby A Inkster