<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          <<  Lancair Builders' Mail List  >>
          <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<--->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Funny that the Oil Breather Hose should be discussed today.

I was inspecting my LIV engine last night and found my hose from the Case to
the Breather Can to be absolutely coated with slimy oil--not a drop anywhere
else, including the engine.

I had used Auto Heater Hose, I believe, and the service time has been 5 years.

Upon inspection, we found that the engine oil had indeed permeated the walls,
and had weeped out the entire surface for the full length.

My A&P, who was helping me bleed my brakes at the time, suggested Stratoflex
-12 hose, which I will get today.

Heater hose is probably OK, but plan on inspecting it and replacing it before
a 5 year service time.

Incidently,  Heater Hose is unacceptable  for use between the Breather Can
and the Exhaust Pipe on the LIV.  A high-temp service hose must be used.

David Jones

LML website:   http://www.olsusa.com/Users/Mkaye/maillist.html
LML Builders' Bookstore:   http://www.buildersbooks.com/lancair

Please send your photos and drawings to [EMAIL PROTECTED]